Chef De Partie/ Snr Chef De Partie
We are looking to recruit both a Snr Chef De Partie and an experienced Chef De Partie to join the team.
Aspart of our Kitchen Team, you will be working with our wider hotel team to ensure the best service possible is delivered to our guests on a daily basis.
Our Kitchen Team is the magic behind each delicious dish we serve our guests. They are passionate about all things food and take great pride in each dish they prepare.
Set in 365 acres of stunning Perthshire countryside, Murrayshall offers a luxurious four-star country house experience in the heart of Scotland. Lovingly restored over the past few years, the former home of Lord Lynedoch dates back over 400 years. It is situated just 3 miles from the cultural city of Perth, offering guests a tranquil haven in which to unwind and relax, with 40 elegant and spacious rooms and suites, 27-holes of stunning parkland golf and delicious local cuisine in our Eolas Restaurant.
- To provide for all outlets a suitable food offer that supports and consistently exceeds the expectations of all customers and visitors.
- Set & maintain an exceptionally high standard of food quality in terms of taste, presentation & service
- Create and maintain a working environment which meets all current legislative responsibilities.
- Ensure effective and acceptable lines of communication between the Kitchen Brigade and all other catering staff.
- To be part of a safe, happy and committed working environment for the kitchen brigade, with an emphasis on development for all kitchen team members.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the kitchen delivers a high quality food service at all times
- Ensure that all Health & Safety legislation is carried out correctly and recorded as necessary. This includes all HACCP and COSHH responsibilities, as well as EHO visits, Fire Evacuation Procedure, First Aid At Work and ensure safe working practices at all times. Maintain a focus on food allergens and customer information.
- Ensure all equipment under your supervision is maintained in working order and kept clean, has clear operations instructions, is safe and secure with any issues being reported at the first available opportunity, and that all staff are regularly retrained on use of equipment.
- Keep records of any equipment maintenance required, and update the asset register as necessary.
- Ensure all incoming stock is received, checked off against the invoice and rotated with existing stock as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- For the Snr Chef De Partie, will have worked in this role for a minimum of 2 years
- Natural creative and innovative flair with a genuine love of food and an eye for detail
- Broad ingredient knowledge, as well as knowledge of local food trends and history
- Must have outstanding communication and presentation skills, including the ability to listen
- Ability to multi-task
- Professional, motivated, driven, flexible and enthusiastic
- Works consistently to high standards
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Ability to innovate solutions and prioritise workload
- Strives to continuously learn & develop self and team
- Completes and finishes projects and tasks on time and to brief.
What we can offer:
- 29 Days Holiday per annum including bank holidays
- Pension contributions
- All uniform and PPE
- Staff lunches
- Refer a friend incentive
- Use of the golf course
- Hotel and golf discounts
- Free On-site parking
- Tips system paid to the whole team twice a year.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Commencing at £25,500 for a Chef De Partie
Please send a copy of your CV, this position is only available to applicants who have Immediate Right to Work in the UK and you will be required to provide evidence of such upon request. Also required are up to date contact details for at least 2 references.