Murrayshall Country Estate is seeking a fully trained and qualified Golf Course First Assistant Greenkeeper to carry out a leadership role with the management team within golf course maintenance.
Carry out tasks as directed by the Golf Courses Manager/ Duty Golf courses Manager, in accordance with the Hotels Golf Course Maintenance Policy. Murrayshall is an 18 hole championship standard golf course and is supported by the 10 hole Lynedoch course, with flood light driving range and is set in 365 acres of stunning Perthshire countryside.
· To work as part of the greenkeeping team and lead the team to maintain the golf course to a high standard
· Lead the team in learning and succession planning while focusing on creating a fun work environment for the team to benefit in their career.
· To assist in ensuring the course is properly laid out, prepared and maintained to the required standard for members and guests to the Club.
· Work with the greenkeeping team to assist in the turf maintenance including mowing, irrigating and control of pests and disease on the greens.
· To assist in the maintenance of bunkers course furniture and holes.
· Operate machinery used for specific tasks whilst complying with standard operating procedures to ensure Health & Safety regulations are met.
· To attend training courses which are identified as necessary for the performance of the position.
· Ensure all Health & Safety systems are adhered to, to protect and promote a safe working environment.
· Undertake all operations in an environmentally sustainable manner.
· To deputise for the Deputy Course Manager in their absence.
· Train greenkeepers and junior greenkeepers on equipment and procedures that are required for fine turf maintenance.
· Maintain open communication, ensuring all team members are well informed at all times and working collaboratively with other departments.
· To understand, follow and implement health and safety requirements.
· A good knowledge of golf course maintenance practices.
· Practical skills for driving and operating machinery.
· Good leadership skills.
· Able to establish and maintain good working relationships with others.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently.
· Good punctuality.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Good attention to detail.
· Pesticide spraying licence PA1, PA2 PA6.
· Full driving licence.
· Experience in construction.
· Able to assess and train others on equipment on relating to turf maintenance.
· Team Player.
· Maintain a professional manner and attitude.
· Able to remain calm under pressure.
· Able to adapt to change and be flexible.
· Worked on a Parkland golf course.
· Experience in renovation projects.
· Chainsaw certification.
We are looking for an individual who has a real passion for golf and greenkeeping with at least 4+ years of greenkeeping experience.
Minimum of Level 2, working towards or hold Level 3 qualification in greenkeeping.
The work hours for our Greenkeeping team are Mon-Fri from 6.00am to 3.30pm in the summer and 7.30am to 2.30pm in the winter. With weekend shifts on a rota basis.
What we can offer
· Competitive Salary
· 28 days holiday
· Lunch provided whilst on duty
· Uniform provided
· Accommodation discounts with hotel partners
· Food & Beverage discounts
· Refer a friend incentive
· Golf course access and option to join membership for handicap.
· Paid training to further enhance your golf course career
· We operate ‘tips system’ paid to the whole team to a maximum of £2,000.
Job type- Full-time, Permanent
Salary- £23,500 per year