Set in 365 acres of stunning Perthshire countryside, Murrayshall offers a luxurious four-star country house experience in the heart of Scotland. Lovingly restored over the past few years, the former home of Lord Lynedoch dates back over 400 years. It is situated just 3 miles from the cultural city of Perth, offering guests a tranquil haven in which to unwind and relax, with 40 elegant and spacious rooms and suites, 27-holes of stunning parkland golf and delicious local cuisine in our Eolas Restaurant.
We are now looking for a Mechanic/Greenkeeper to join our team here at Murrayshall Country Estate. The successful applicant will join the existing team of greenkeepers whose remit is to develop and maintain the courses for the benefit of members and guests.
We have recently made substantial investments on Hotel refurbishment and machinery. The Club has also spent significant sums on bunker projects, PC drainage and drainage last year and have a continual investment plans to further enhance the course.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of the workshop and will also assist with golf course maintenance duties.
· Qualified to Level 2/3 in land based technology / engineering or similar.
· Preferably be experienced within the turf industry in a similar role.
· Ability to work effectively and proactively as part of a team and on your own.
· Experience of prioritising work effectively, managing stock, maintaining accurate records of machinery repair/service and working to an approved budget.
· Proven ability in preparing and implementing a program of routine maintenance for a large fleet of machinery and equipment to the manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines.
· An understanding of and be competent in the use of modern golf course machinery.
· A comprehensive understanding of Health and Safety and related procedures.
· Experience of operating welding equipment.
· Be able to complete a wide range of greenkeeping duties as required, (training will be given).
· A keen eye for detail and the ability to consistently produce work of a high standard.
· Have a flexible approach to work and be self-motivated.
What we can offer:
- 29 Days Holiday per annum including bank holidays
- Pension contributions
- All uniform and PPE
- Staff lunches
- Refer a friend incentive
- Use of the golf course
- Hotel and golf discounts
- Free On-site parking
- Tips system paid to the whole team to a maximum of £2,000.
The hours of work for our Greenkeeping team are Mon-Fri from 6.00am to 3.30pm in the summer and 7.30am to 2.30pm in the winter. With weekend shifts on a rota basis.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £30,000.00 per year