Sales & Marketing Executive
To support the Director of Sales & Marketing in the proactive promotion of Murrayshall Country Estate to achieve sales revenue targets across all profit centres.
Set in 365 acres of stunning Perthshire countryside, Murrayshall offers a luxurious four-star country house experience in the heart of Scotland. Lovingly restored over the past few years, the former home of Lord Lynedoch dates back over 400 years. It is situated just 3 miles from the cultural city of Perth, offering guests a tranquil haven in which to unwind and relax, with 40 elegant and spacious rooms and suites, 27-holes of stunning parkland golf and delicious local cuisine in our Eolas Restaurant.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- To be responsible for proactive sales activity with the aim of meeting our targeted revenue targets across all revenue streams – rooms day and residential meetings, food and beverage, golf and pursuits.
- To have a clear understanding of our business strategies and support the Director of Sales & Marketing in determining an action plan to meet those goals.
- To achieve specific revenue targets and KPI’s as set out by the Director of Sales and Marketing
- To work with the Director of Sales & Marketing in compiling a target list of agents, destination management companies and marketing partners.
- To work engaging with target list of partners through sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- To be an expert in the product, pricing and brand.
- To continuously research the local market and be aware of competitor activities within the local, national and international marketplace.
- To become a trusted advisor to existing clients. Working with the entire hotel team to develop and nurture client relationships.
- Regularly visit competitor hotels and venues and be aware of their sales and marketing activities.
- To monitor the response and feedback of each appointment and produce a monthly report on sales activity using the hotel’s CRM software.
- To work with the Golf Events Manager and Wedding & Events Manager to ensure we are aware of need periods and being proactive to support revenues.
- Proactively monitor the Estate’s profile on the various social media platforms and ensure appropriate responses are posted in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with our Digital Partners in managing the content of the Estate’s website.
- Manage all promotional collateral from copyright through to design and print and ensure that it is in line with our branding.
- Ensure in house promotional material is current, effective and supports any new sales and marketing promotions.
- Where necessary devise adverts for the promotion of the Food & Beverage departments in the local market.
- To raise accurate purchase order documentation in line with company policy.
- To present yourself in a professional and business-like manner at all times
- To ensure that the Estate’s image and standards of operation are correctly represented during meetings with current or potential customers.
- Any opportunities to ‘up-sell’ a product should be followed through.
- Show rounds of the hotel facilities are undertaken when required.
- Maintain a solid base of business and continually look for new business, including through regular correspondence checks and efficient chase systems.
- Maximise the conversion of enquiries.
- To complete any other reasonable duties as requested by a member of the management team.
Communications and Reporting:
- Weekly 1-2-1 with Director of Sales & Marketing
- Weekly Commercial Meeting – preparing weekly overview of activity, pipeline and contracted business
- Attend daily morning briefing
Why Join Us
- 29 Days holiday per annum – includes a day off for your birthday
- Free parking
- Refer a friend bonus – £150
- Gym membership option
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tips distributed throughout whole hotel twice a year
- Food & Beverage discounts
- Golf Shop discounts
- Training and Apprenticeship opportunities
- Free meals whilst on duty
Job Types: Permanent basis
Job Type: Full-time
Please send a copy of your CV, this position is only available to applicants who have Immediate Right to Work in the UK and you will be required to provide evidence of such upon request. Also required are up to date contact details for at least 2 references.