Set in 365 acres of stunning Perthshire countryside, Murrayshall offers a luxurious four-star country house experience in the heart of Scotland. Lovingly restored over the past few years, the former home of Lord Lynedoch dates back over 400 years. It is situated just 3 miles from the cultural city of Perth, offering guests a tranquil haven in which to unwind and relax, with 40 elegant and spacious rooms and suites, 27-holes of stunning parkland golf and delicious local cuisine in our Lynedoch Brasserie.
We are now looking for a wedding & events manager to join our team.
The role is to ensure the proactive promotion of Murrayshall Country Estate to achieve sales revenue targets for weddings, private functions, conferences, and other hotel special events such as Christmas party nights. All whilst working as part of the wider commercial team within the business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· To be responsible for meeting hotel revenue targets, focusing specifically on weddings, conferencing, and private function sales with an outlook to cross-pollinate revenues across all profit centres as much as possible. i.e rooms, food & beverage and pursuits.
· To ensure that all enquiries are dealt with promptly.
· To be an expert in the product, pricing and brand.
· To continuously research the local market and be aware of competitor activities within the local marketplace.
· To become a trusted advisor to existing clients. Working with the entire hotel team to develop and nurture client relationships.
· Regularly visit competitor hotels and venues, and be aware of their sales and marketing activities.
· To monitor the response and feedback of each appointment, and produce a monthly report on weddings, conferences and functions and resulting revenues.
· To set up and manage a chase system, to ensure all sales leads, enquiries, contracts, specification sheets and rooming lists in each segment are fully followed up.
· Ensure that correspondence is dispatched on time, and in a way that properly represents Murrayshall Country Estate.
· To ensure the weddings and events diary is managed efficiently – that conference and function rooms are booked to maximise their revenue potential.
· To ensure that all bookings have contracts and relevant terms and conditions.
· To ensure that all clients requirements are agreed upon and delivered in line with company policy and that attention to detail is shown in line with our standards.
· To attempt to gain back, repeat business and annual business, that has either enquired or converted through follow-ups and chase calls.
· To coordinate with the Events Operations Manager that all event organisers are met on arrival and departure from the hotel, to ensure good customer relations and establish any future business opportunities.
· To attend weekly events briefing meetings with the operations team.
· To raise accurate purchase order documentation in line with company policy.
· To present yourself in a professional and business-like manner at all times
· To ensure that the hotel image and standards of operation are correctly represented during meetings with current or potential customers
· Any opportunities to ‘up-sell’ a product should be followed through.
· Show rounds of the hotel facilities are undertaken when required.
· Maintain a solid base of business and continually look for new business, including through regular correspondence checks and efficient chase systems.
· Maximise the conversion of enquiries.
· To complete any other reasonable duties as requested by the hotel management team.
Communications and Reporting:
Weekly 1-2-1 with Director of Sales & Marketing
Weekly Commercial Meeting – preparing a weekly BOB report for Weddings, Conferences and Functions
Attend daily morning briefing at 9:30 am
Weekly Event Briefing Meeting with Operations Team
Why Join Us
- 29 Days holiday per annum – includes a day off for your birthday
- Incremental holiday increases with length of service
- Free parking
- Refer a friend bonus – £150
- Gym membership option
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tips distributed throughout whole hotel twice a year
- Food & Beverage discounts
- Golf Shop discounts
- Training and Apprenticeship opportunities
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Birthday gift
Full time – £25,000 per annum