As Sous Chef you will be working with the Kitchen team and wider hotel team to ensure the best service possible is delivered to our guests on a daily basis.
Our Kitchen Team is the magic behind each delicious dish we serve our guests. They are passionate about all things food and take great pride in each dish they prepare.
Set in 365 acres of stunning Perthshire countryside, Murrayshall offers a luxurious four-star country house experience in the heart of Scotland. Lovingly restored over the past few years, the former home of Lord Lynedoch dates back over 400 years. It is situated just 3 miles from the cultural city of Perth, offering guests a tranquil haven in which to unwind and relax, with 40 elegant and spacious rooms and suites, 27-holes of stunning parkland golf and delicious local cuisine in our Eolas Restaurant.
- To be the figurehead for the kitchen operation, providing for all outlets a suitable food offer that supports the branch and consistently exceeds the expectations of all customers and visitors.
- Set & maintain an exceptionally high standard of food quality in terms of taste, presentation & service
- Create and maintain a working environment which meets all current legislative responsibilities.
- Ensure effective and acceptable lines of communication between the Kitchen Brigade and all other catering staff.
- Create and maintain a safe, happy and committed working environment for the kitchen brigade, with an emphasis on development for all kitchen team members.
- Provide innovation and new product ideas, and where practicable, use and promote local ingredients and suppliers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the kitchen delivers a high quality food service at all times
- Attend focus groups and management meetings as required
- Ensure that financial targets are met or exceeded each month. Work with the Catering Management Team and the Kitchen Brigade to ensure dry Cost Of Sales are being achieved through pro-active stock control and look to reduce kitchen wastage at all times.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety legislation is carried out correctly and recorded as necessary. This includes all HACCP and COSHH responsibilities, as well as EHO visits, Fire Evacuation Procedure, First Aid At Work and ensure safe working practices at all times. Maintain a focus on food allergens and customer information.
- Ensure that all on site Risk Assessments are up dated and reviewed as necessary. Ensure the Kitchen Brigade are trained on all necessary legislative aspects of the kitchen.
- Ensure that all members of the kitchen brigade at both sites are fully aware of and achieve their objectives
- Ensure a focus on client needs and feedback, and ensure that any food queries or complaints are dealt with promptly and professionally
- Be responsible, along with Head Chef for food GP achievement and ensure all menus meet desired GP levels.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Natural creative and innovative flair with a genuine love of food and an eye for detail
- Broad ingredient knowledge, as well as knowledge of local food trends and history
- Awareness of site capabilities
- Excellent man management skills, with a desire to share knowledge and best practises
- Must have both collaborative and directive management skills
- Must have outstanding communication and presentation skills, including the ability to listen
- Knowledge of Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Industry awareness from high street to high end restaurants and hotels, and be aware of competitors for benchmarking purposes.
- Ability to multi-task
- Professional, motivated, driven, flexible and enthusiastic
- Works consistently to high standards
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Ability to innovate solutions and prioritise workload
- Strives to continuously learn & develop self and team
- Completes and finishes projects and tasks on time and to brief
- Able to build and maintain a close working relationship with suppliers and the procurement department
- Ability to demonstrate a passionate food culture to clients and peers
What we can offer
- 29 Days Holiday per annum
- Pension contributions
- Staff lunches
- Refer a friend incentive
- Hotel and Golf discounts
- Gym membership option
- Free On-site parking
- Tips system paid to the whole team to a maximum of £2,000.
Job Types: Permanent basis
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000 per annum